Anyway, not sure if I mentioned I've been having tech problems, including getting my phone working, so first thing on the agenda was a quick stop in Market Harborough to get that sorted. I had been fiddling around with SIM cards earlier, swapping them from my phone to Dad's etc etc. Anyway, we arrive in Market Harborough and jump out of the car to go to the phone shop, glance down at the phone and cor blimey the damn things working!
So, jump straight back in the car (at least I did, Dad would have been huffing, puffing, groaning and muttering - apparently due to the "low sill and high lip" the car is extremely hard to get into and out of!) and on to Lyveden New Bield - an unfinished Elizabethan summer house in the in North Northamptonshire.
Quite a bit of wandering to get to see the summer house, so a bit more huffing, puffing, groaning and muttering from Dad 😀
And then, because of all the rapid jumping around didn't do Market Harborough justice it was back for a proper squiz on the way home.....
We got back to Chris's around 4 and I nipped out for a run. It was a humid 21 degrees and too much info, but I just could NOT stop sweating! Gross! 😠. Even after my shower - double gross! 😠ðŸ˜
And then it was out to The Ashby Arms pub for dinner. I had a spinach, mushroom and stilton lasagne (yummy) and Dad (obviously feeling bereaved) had fish pie! Although there is a happy ending to the fish pie turned lasagne story as Chris is very kindly letting us take it with us as tomorrow as we venture on to our next stop.




No comments:
Post a Comment