Sunday, 6 August 2023

Sun 6 Aug - Poulton

After a quick trip to Booths supermarket for dinner and morning tea supplies we had another visit with Stuart's Mum Anita - and this time I remembered to take a picture (plus got a few from Stu)

Then Dad and I ventured south to Lytham St Anne's - while often referred to as a single destination, it is actually two separate but nearby towns. 

St Anne's is a small but bustling resort with a pier, a paddling pool and a bandstand: a fully-fledged slice of seaside life.  And there's no way I thought it was warm enough, but that paddling pool was getting a workout!

Lytham is an even smaller residential town fronting the estuary of the River Ribble. The town square was a hive of activity with outdoor cafes and a busker singing Neil Diamond.  Would have fancied a shandy (drink of choice when I'm not having a G&T, ice and a slice 😎) there, but Dad was back in the car waiting for me - sigh!

Not wanting to play favourites, but Lytham was the best hands down!

And for dinner we had homemade Fish Pie (again!) and got to meet Stuart's lovely friend Katherine 😃.

No comments:

Post a Comment