Thursday, 10 August 2023

Wed 9 Aug - Haverford

Dave and Michele went out this morning and I attempted to catch up on the blog - damn thing takes ages 😠  but I like doing it 😀 and it's a good record 👍

Then Dad and I went to the bank to sort out a new debit card.  We had started the process in Billesdon but picked the card up here.  We had set a PIN in advance and both thought we knew it, but oh no!  3 failed attempts and locked out of the card for 24 hours.  Not a good start but good news - I now have mobile banking for Dad's account and can now see our secret PIN - which by the way is completely different, as in not a single character the same as what Dad said he'd set. Hmmm, must have been the the fault of the damn bank manager who delivered me the blacklist news - he's not here to defend himself so I'll run with that!

Later that afternoon we took a drive around Dad's childhood haunt, with the most picturesque being Little Haven....


Dad bought a tiny little container of fresh lobster for an eye watering £17.  Good thing it was excellent! 😋

And then Charlotte joined us for a lovely dinner and I have signed up for something I'm now regretting (must have been under the influence of a G&T).  It's an evening dip in the ocean and it's scheduled for tomorrow.  I tried to get out of it with the no swimmers excuse but Michele found me a pair of Katherine's 😠. Watch this space!


No comments:

Post a Comment