Monday, 21 August 2023

Mon 21 Winterbourne - Stubbington

Leaving Tony and Avis behind we headed South to Stubbington, near Portsmouth, to visit Dad's cousin Ann and her husband Trevor.

On the way we detoured ever so slightly to check out Winchester Cathedral, which was excellent apart from an initial parking fiasco.  Sat Nav took us to a staff car park that looked normal but on closer inspection was for staff only and had significant fines for invalid parking.  The next nearest car park was a 5 minute walk but 11 minute drive!  Then I had no coins and couldn't use my credit card, ended up having to call, quote the number of the closest pay machine (which I couldn't find) and the car rego (got that one).  Anyway - got that in the end.


Major lesson learned for me via this trip.  DO NOT go OS without data roaming.  Best solution for me would have been swap providers (iinet to Aldi) use data roaming to pick up the verification code for visa transactions and get an eSim for a UK number - best of both worlds!  Next time 😀


Then I sort of lost Dad - well I knew he was in Winchester Cathedral somewhere but that place is big!  The lovely lady at the front desk let me in to wait for him, but I didn't wander around as I hadn't paid the £12.50 entry fee.  So not many photos and mainly from the outside!


We were staying in the nearby Red Lion Pub, but caught up for dinner first with Ann and Trevor.


And our accommodation - about 4 miles away... 



No comments:

Post a Comment