Leaving our beautiful Tuscan villa behind
we headed north west to our next destination – Lucca. It was only a short trip so it made sense to
do some sightseeing en route. And what
better sight could there be than this….
Alrighty then – looking around we noticed everyone and I mean EVERYONE taking “Hey - I’m holding up the Leaning Tower of Pisa” photos. So, as you do when surrounded by people taking “Hey - I’m holding up the Leaning Tower of Pisa” photos, you take “Hey – I’m holding up the Leaning Tower of Pisa” photos.
Below are two duds -
- problem with photo number 1 – hands nowhere near the tower
- problem with photo number 2 - hands overlapping tower
Both problems greatly compromise the reality of the scenario and may serve to jeopardise the belief that someone is actually holding up the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Epic fail L. 

By contrast a brilliant rendition – left hand in precisely the right place and symbolising someone with extreme strength. Someone who can not just claim “Hey – I’m holding up the Leaning Tower of Pisa” but can go that one impressive step further and screech “Hey – I’m holding up the Leaning Tower of Pisa WITH ONE HAND”! Winner on all counts J.
Plus of course there is the obligatory family in front of the Leaning Tower of Pisa shot. This was going to be a selfie, but it is quite hard to take a selfie of 5 these days, not because it’s technically that difficult but because someone inevitably offers to help (usually someone speaking a foreign language) and it’s hard to explain that you like the random awkwardness of selfies compared to the far superior composition they can offer. Sigh.
And just for good measure – a few more pictures,
including one of us about to order lunch, yes indeedy – PIZZA J. Although this lunch story
has an unhappy post script. Steve made
the catastrophic mistake of ordering a pizza that had chips on it. Say no more.
Our first bad pizza experience in Italy L
(although to be fair, it wasn’t really the pizza’s fault, more the person who
ordered it) K.




No comments:
Post a Comment