Tuesday, 13 August 2013

Casa Eleanora


I had a feeling when I was booking this that it was going to be good. I wasn’t quite ready for how good. Casa Eleanora oozes opulence. The floors are marble, the bathroom (with its twin sinks and spa bath) is marble, the kitchen bench top is marble, but most impressive of all is the curved marble staircase. 

The lounge room ceiling is peaked and rises up to a height of 18ft.  There is a little arch looking down from the staircase.  The upstairs bedrooms have gorgeous wooden floors, the couch is sumptuous, the beds stunning and have a look at the dining room light.  I’ve been looking at its construction and wondering if I could re-create one?  On closer inspection it is just a bunch of paper/plastic flower shapes stuck on the end of wire protruding from a frame around a light bulb.  Not that tricky surely?

I’m thinking this may be the pick of our accommodation.  Plus we’re right in the heart of Sarzana – a small medieval town that comes alive at night.  We didn’t realize just how lively until we ventured out yesterday evening for an 8:00pm gelato.  There were people everywhere - eating, drinking, painting and just standing around socializing.  Plus there were market stalls set up in many of the narrow alleys and there was quite a bit of late night browsing and shopping going on. 

Just as the party started we, siesta-less tourists that we are, headed to bed!

ps - don't know if you're reading this Paulie Beer, but if you are Happy Birthday for yesterday!

1 comment:

  1. thank you! of course i'm reading. very jealous of your recent adventures! you must be due for a new camera soon - current one is being worked pretty hard.

    ReplyDelete