Saturday, 4 August 2012

The amazingly, stupendously gorgeous Loches

As I mentioned earlier, we left Billericay in a bit of a rush and my usual detailed planning was not up to scratch.  And due to our lateness, all of the accommodation we booked was based more on availability than location, so I think we were incredibly and unknowingly lucky to stumble upon the stunning medieval town of Loches.  It is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been and if anyone is planning a trip to France, I'd highly recommend trying to squeeze a visit in.

I just hope the photos do it justice, starting with the view from our hotel window.


and on to the street scenes and the Cheatau de Loches and Royal Lodge.


including some treats from one of the many patisseries

Loches was truly beautiful and we found it hard to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment