![]() |
| Scenery around Dartmoor National Park - Devon |
Last sheep, cow, highland cattle and pony pictures I promise (at least until the next national park)
Look at the colour of the fields in the background behind the sheepsies. Gorgeous.
Our last night's accommodation was in Lyndhurst, Hampshire, mainly chosen because it nicely broke up the return journey to Billericay. We stayed at the White Rabbit Hotel, which was just lovely, except for one tiny little mishap that all started when I decided I needed a quick shower before bed. After a quick wrestle with the new fangled tap ware out came the water. Lovely and hot, good pressure (not always the case over here), only one small problem, couldn't turn it off. Yes that's right, no matter how much twisting the damn tap went a quarter turn and that was it. Yar! Called Steve - he couldn't do it, called the waitress - she couldn't do it, nor could the maitre d' or even the night duty manager.
The only solution - leave it running! There was some tension regarding exactly how to leave it running - cold with high pressure or hot with lower pressure! We settled for something in the middle, but boy did I fret. I kept wondering what Mr Fix-It Ben would have done had he been here. No doubt he would have pulled it all apart and had it sorted in a jiffy.
Anyway - there I was, permanently scarred by drought and dwelling on the psychological impact of "knowing" that the shower was running, even though the sound was not that bad. Aaargh - I won't sleep a wink, you know me, water conscious, awake at the slightest of noises, a worrier at night!
So - had my best night's sleep ever.
We even managed to crack a few jokes about it the next morning - dampener on things, looks like showers this morning - that kind of thing.
As far as I know the wretched thing may still be running, it certainly was when we left after breakfast!




No comments:
Post a Comment