Saturday, 25 October 2025

Cotswolds Hike #2 Sat 25 Oct

Before setting off we had a good look around the stunning Crown Hotel where most of the hikers were staying.  It also happens to be the hotel where the Amazon crew for Clarkson's Farm stay when filming.  Diddly Squat and the farm shop are a couple of miles away.  Must check out the show when I'm back.



A mixed bag with the weather - with the wind and rain requiring the raincoat and overpants I borrowed from Bev.  

The start of the walk was like this...


Which then temporarily cleared up to look like this....



Just gorgeous


And back to cloudiness, but that didn't spoil it...


Even slightly thunderous looking sky


On an on we marched...


Stopping only briefly for a quick photo


Although I kept lagging behind for shots like this 


And then - after a 11.4 miles it was a well earned dinner in the exquisite dining room at the Crown hotel....


The most perfect of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment