Friday, 10 October 2025

Cheddar Gorge

Whooo hooo.  Off to Cheddar Gorge today.  I went there as a kid and have vague memories of impressive caves and a steep rocky gorge.  Turns out my memories were pretty spot on!  We drove up and back down through the gorge......


with a stop in Cheddar Village


and then I left Dad and Tony in a pub and whizzed off on a solo explore to Gough's and Cox's Caves

I was the only person on the tour!  The photos don't do the caves justice.

And then up Jacob's Ladder (274 steps) followed by a long scamper along the top of the cliffs - gorge-eous views 😉😆😏😳 and quite hot!

The scenery was beautiful...

Goats!




I missed lunch with all my exploring so was ravenous by the time we had Indian for dinner.  Dad ordered a dud dish and mine was ok, Tony's and the entrees were just fine though 😀

No comments:

Post a Comment