Thursday, 26 January 2023

Day 12- Wanaka to Balclutha

 Today was our most cruisy yet.  Quite a bit of driving but the scenery was not as phenomenal as it has been..


in fact parts reminded us of the drive between Bungendore and Braidwood

Plus the whines about stopping intensified (mainly from the person in the front seat) so there were a couple of nicer views that were missed and the others were taken out of the moving car window (such a no no 😜)

I'd re-jigged our plans to include Dunedin and in hind sight not sure I should have.  The Red Hot Chilli Pepper played there last night and there was no and I mean zip, nada, nilch accommodation, plus Dunedin had a bit of an edgy, slightly grungy feel, at least the central part we visited did. 

Steve was a keen bean to visit the Speight's brewery The kids weren't fussed so we ditched them.  They filled us in later about their excellent lunch and how full they were.  Steve and I sacrificed lunch for an excellent brewery tour with samples afterwards.



And then, a bit more driving on to Balclutha and our roadside motel, which was a bit average looking from the outside but very nice on the inside.  And feeling very bereft of blog photos I nipped out and pestered some local sheep!


Played Five Crowns again and I may just have SMASHED it! 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment