Sunday, 15 January 2023

Day 1 - Sydney to Queenstown

4:20am - 2 leapt out of bed, 2 were a bit whiney but managed to get up and 1 was in total denial, tucked their head under the covers and rolled over.  I will not say who did what but Jeremy may have been yelled at just a bit.

And speaking of yelling - we had a vote yesterday on the drive up from Canberra on who was the most annoying.  Much to my disgust I got one vote and it was from Miss M for yelling.  "I don't yell" I yelled. Jeremy also got a vote but Steve took out the winning prize with 3.  Voted off the island before he even gets there 😂🤣

So - yelling over we set off with Timmy at 4:35am and drove for about 500 metres at which point the yelling re-commenced because I forgot my jumper.  Damn!  That's two delays because of me.  Extremely poor form 😡. And worse still - I was squished in the very back of the car so Tim and Steve went looking for it and they couldn't find the bugger.  Double whammy - delay AND no jumper. 

Anyway - got to the airport at around about 5:20am, proceeded to do everything check-in related ourselves (has anyone been to the airport recently??) and of course did it very efficiently and next thing - wha la - we're in the departure lounge window shopping.  I don't remember it being quite so upmarket...


with so many of these....

Spot the odd one out

The flight was just under 3 hours and was spent eating breakie and watching the very good pyschological thriller "Don't worry Darling" staring Florence Pugh and Harry Styles.  

Flew over spectacular mountains before landing in Queenstown, picked up our car at the airport and headed on into town.

Here's our first look..

with a bit of swimming thrown in

and a visit to Queenstown Park

complete with my all time favourite...

and a stumble across an ice hockey game...

capped off with dinner

Not a bad first day 😀


No comments:

Post a Comment