So, there we were in Brentwood nice and early and we had three things on the agenda.
One - a bit of shopping at Sainsbury's to get, among other things, a new pumpkin for Jeremy. After lifting up and inspecting nearly every one of the 60 or so for sale Jem finally settled on the first one we'd seen. I think he gets his decision-a-phobia from me.
Two - lunch. We decided that since we were in Sainsbury's for shopping we might as well stay there for lunch. The cafe had super value kids fish finger meals and for me a modest baked potato and cheese. It was all very nice, certainly nothing out of the ordinary, but for some reason Daniel, Jeremy and Emily took a real shine to the place. They loved that they could get their own drink, they greatly admired the view out the window to the car park and they raved about their one fish finger (perhaps that's why the meals were so cheap?). And when I gave Daniel a try of my baked potato he was completely overcome, I kid you not his very words were "Wow Mum, that potato just blows my mind"! Yeah - can't say it was having the same effect on me.
Three - the real purpose of the trip - off to the bookstore to hear Julia Donaldson reading her new release. Better get there early to get a good pozzie. There wasn't much fanfare in the store when we arrived so I assumed the big event was in another room, perhaps upstairs or out the back. But no, we were in the right place. Turns out it wasn't Julia Donaldson reading the book, it was Sarah the shop assistant who we'd met the week before. She did explain that if it had been Julia there would have been media and security and perhaps a few more people than my three children. Of course there would I said. Not at all phased by the famous author's absence - Daniel, Jeremy and Emily launched into their paper doll making and then listened very nicely as Sarah read the book, almost as well I'm sure as Julia would have done.

But where is a picture of the dolls?
ReplyDelete