Wednesday, 19 September 2012

Windows

I'm not quite sure why but I have a bit of an obsession with the window design over here.  Not only do our house windows look good, but they are double glazed and have not one, but two different ways of opening.  So here for your viewing pleasure is a snapshot of our bedroom window in all it's double-glazed glory.....

Key:
1. Handle down - window closed
2. Handle up - window open a smidge
3. Handle horizontal - window open fully

And anyone studying these pictures in detail will have noticed that something is missing.  Yep - fly screens, the reason being there aren't any flies.

Well actually that's not strictly true - there are flies that hang around the cows and their pats in Mill Meadow, but it seems that English flies are far more well behaved than Australian ones and stay where they should.  So - at the end of the day....

J the flies bug the cows and sit on their pats 
 and 
we get open windows and don't need corks in our hats J

(Emily's school has a poetry competition coming up - I think I've been inspired)

3 comments:

  1. i can't believe there's no comments for this post yet??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, Perhaps people are too busy googling the design of these windows, either that or they've been inspired to write poetry! ps - anonymous who?, initials at least please :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have those windows in the apartment in Venice. I love them! Except for the no screens bit, because the mosquitoes don't understand they should stay OUT. But I found mosquito coils in the cupboard - they help.

    ReplyDelete