Sunday, 23 September 2012

Art collection

The Price mini art collection has started!

And first up we have a beautiful print created by Rhian Symes of Brecon in South Wales entitled "Dragonfly and Common Frog".  Rhian started painting water colours 10 years ago after suffering a stroke.  Her story is here: www.artgallery.co.uk/corner/rhian_symes
Dragonfly and common frog.

And then we move on to the first of two Cornwall purchases, starting with these little cuties.
Cornwall puppies

And followed closely by some cheeky little beach babes.
These crack me up (no pun intended - well maybe just a little one - ha!)
Given that art work is not exactly the easiest thing to cart home, plus the fact that we've pretty much used up all the available hooks in the house (and we're not supposed to add anymore) I think that brings us to the end of the art work collection for the moment.  Unless of course something else cracks me up J

4 comments:

  1. What should be my first post on Pennys blog?

    a) Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Or;
    b) I dont know much about art but I know what I DONT like; Or;
    c) Is that Kate and Penny frolocking on the beach? Or;
    d) They are lovely Penny, I do hope that you have room in your luggage to bring them home!

    Lets go with option d please Eddie - cause I'm a wimp and dont want to start a long distance war that I know I will loose anyway! Love CM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a scallywag Conrad and I know secretly you are going with options a, b and c. You are lucky I am so delighted you have posted a comment that I can't be mad at you, but just this one mind you! Next time it is WAR! Long distance and all. Plus I've been reading all about Celts, Romans and Anglo-Saxons so am up on my warfare strategies!!

      Delete
  2. yeah it's pretty obvious neither of them are Pen, as neither are holding a camera!

    Go the Celts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeedy, plus my swimmers are a little briefer :)

    ReplyDelete