Thursday, 22 November 2012

Jammie Dodgers - they're jamtastic!

How's that for the name of a biscuit?  And not just any biscuit, apparently Jammie Dodgers are the most popular children's sweet biscuit brand in the UK and are bought by around 30% of its households.
Jamtastic Jammies!
Jammies are made from shortbread and raspberry flavoured jam and have been produced exclusively by Burton's Biscuit Company in South Wales for the last 50 years.  I've tried to find out the history behind the name but had no luck.  They have been featured on Dr Who as one of the Dr's favourite snacks and the kids have given them the big thumbs up.

I haven't tried one yet, I think I'd rather use up my 83 calories on cheese or chocolate or perhaps on some of the mulled wine that has just starting appearing on the shelves for Christmas J.

No comments:

Post a Comment