Saturday, 24 November 2012

Harrods Take II

Harrods rivals Winter Wonderland when it comes to entertaining the kids.  The food displays had them in raptures and Steve diving into his wallet.  We sampled Belgian chocolates (very very high quality!) and sushi, not that the two go together that well.
Cheese, pies, sushi and marzipan fruit!
After the food halls it was up three floors to the toy department, where many of the staff demonstrate the very-latest (but very overpriced) best-selling toys on the market.  There were a lot of "Can I have......" which we fixed with the timely purchase of some sticky rock sweeties that lock the jaw for a couple of minutes at a time.

After toys it was up to the pet department, where we saw a big big dog shopping for a collar with his (presumably very wealthy) owner.  He was gorgeous, but wet and therefore a bit on the nose.  Funnily enough it was raining outside.  Have I mentioned it rains quite a bit over here?  Anyway, there he was - one gorgeous smelly dog shopping in Harrods. Love it!

Pooch shopping in Harrods, £2m diamond necklace, fine dining
We also saw a diamond necklace that I've put on order for when I win lotto.  It was a steal at £2 million pounds. The photo I took of it is rubbish - I was too busy watching out for security guards who might have thought I was being literal with the "steal" bit.  And that lovely restaurant room is one of many dining options in Harrods, others being little cafes and stands nestled within the food halls, many of which surround a "kitchen" so that guests can view the food being freshly prepared.  One stand was exclusively for oysters and champagne.  Carmel would have been in heaven!

After Harrods we had lunch with the gorgeous Miss Margot and then it was home James!  And so ended 24 fun, busy hours in London.

3 comments:

  1. Best photos ever!!! Love the cheese and the pastries. Mmmmmmmm. Forget the green rolling hills, the centuries old castles and cute pictures of the kids. Send more piccys of gourmet delights and fresh produce. Love, love it. Thanks Penny for the trip down Harrods memory lane. Vxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That necklace has my name on it!!! N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does, did you notice that it is made by de Beers! That is a sign if ever there is! Thanks for commenting Nyree - I love it when people do :) And I'm also a bit concerned about your work if there is a bit of stool (the runny brown kind) throwing going on. Perhaps social work is even trickier than my dysfunctional year 11's, who by the way I saw for the last time today. Pheweee!

      Delete