Thursday, 26 July 2012

Seeing Sarah

After arriving at the Gare du Nord all that was required was a quick change from the Eurostar line to the regional RER B line and the purchase of a book of tickets to Sarah's suburb of Bagneux.

I very confidently asked the cashier (in French of course) for a book of tickets to "Bag - no" and she looked at me.  So I confidently repeated it.  She looked at me.  So I less confidently repeated it.  She looked at me.  So I very confidently pointed J.

"Ah Bah - nu" she said, "Bah-nu, Bah-NU, BAH-NU!" and made me repeat it 3 times.  I am now very confident with my pronunciation of Bagneux J.

About 35 minutes later we arrived at Sarah's house.  Whee here.  Long time no see Sarah!  And how great to meet Zoe and Benjamin and see Marc again J.  Thanks for having us all to stay!
Friends in France

No comments:

Post a Comment