.post-body img { width: 100%; max-width: 830px; /* replace 760px with your measured post width */ height: auto; display: block; margin: 0 auto 20px; }

Wednesday, 26 July 2023

Wed 26 July - Canberra - San Francisco - Part 1

Alrighty then.  Right now I'm sitting in the Star Alliance Club lounge.  I've finished my breakfast and coffee and am now on to a champagne.  Disgraceful really seeing as it's only 8:35am in the morning, but hey - when in Rome.  


BTW - here's what I'm up to - 8 weeks of Chauffeuring and Chaperoning!  Dad decided some time ago that he'd like to take a trip "home".  

Dad's 86, has a pacemaker and gets befuddled.  

I said "Whoa there Dad - not sure you're up to that by yourself old fella - you need a chaperone and I'm the one!". 

Dad puffed himself up - "No I don't"

And we left it like that for all of about 6 days after which Dad (no doubt having reflected on being 86, having a pacemaker and getting befuddled) called to request chaperone assistance.   And so it began.  Dad has sorted out just about all of the accommodation and I secured some excellent airfares and wangled a stop over in San Francisco using just two words - Clam Chowder!  Dad was in like Flynn!

And so we're here - at Sydney airport at the start of an 8 week adventure, mainly in the UK but with a brief and meticulously planned 2 day stop over in San Fran.  The only thing not factored in is jet lag, but if I keep scoffing the champagnes I reckon I'll manage to punch out some zzz's.  Just like Dad is doing next to me right now!😀

Oh yeah - nearly forgot - we're also dropping in to LA for 5 nights on the way back - as you do! 😎  

1 comment:

  1. But you’re not in Rome. You’re in Star Alliance Club lounge Sydney Airport pi$$-head!

    ReplyDelete