Monday, 31 December 2012

Aberystwyth

Aberystwyth is a nice place, but these photos are probably not going to show it.  Highlights of our stay here included
  • the Four Seasons Hotel - right up there among the best family rooms we've stayed at
  • the Varsity Pub - discovered on the first night and so good we returned on the second night.  Plus Mum and I hit the cocktails -  mojitos all round (discovered these in Myanmar 6 months ago - they must have left quite an impression!)
  • our trip to Portmerion (but that's another post)
And the not so highlights of our stay included
  • the hotel alarm going off at 3:45am with a decibel level that meant staying in the room was not an option.  Interesting though to see all the guests in their jimmies and hear a funny man saying he thought he could hear a bit of a noise as he sat directly in the firing line of the alarm's sonic boom.  Also interesting to see all of the dogs evacuating the hotel, including a huge St Bernard.  Did I mention dogs can stay in hotels rooms with their owners over here?  I guess that doesn't appeal to everyone, but I'd take my little Lucy-loo with me anywhere, and she'd be as good as gold (probably less bother than the kids and she certainly wouldn't jump up and down on the beds!).  And nope - I have never noticed a doggy smell in any hotel we've ever stayed at.
  • the weather - fresh again, and drizzly and windy.
no sun baking on this here beach

Welsh freshness at its best.
Gorillas in the mist.

No comments:

Post a Comment