Wednesday, 31 July 2013

Rome - Day 1

by Emily Price

One glorious day I woke up feeling very excited about the Rome trip on the Hop On Hop Off bus.  It is called a hop on hop off bus because you can hop on and hop off at many different stops.
Cool orange vespa

When we were on the bus I saw the biggest stadium in my life, I couldn’t believe it was true!  It is called the Colosseum and it was used for fighting.  The audience sat all around the outside of the stadium, even people at the back could see. 

Next we hopped off the bus and we walked to the Trevi Fountain.  On the way we went past a gorgeous little restaurant and where you sit under the umbrellas they were spraying water with fans because it was so hot.  

Finally we got to the fountain, it was worth it, but I was starting to feel really tired.  

Luckily we  found a beautiful restaurant that used to be an old church.  For lunch I had a whole plate of salty besketti – I could only eat half of it.  I had some Sprite lemonade to drink. 

Whilst I was eating lunch I spotted the boys creeping over to a balcony.  I had no idea what they were looking at so I went over.  They were looking down at the chef making delicious pizza.  

After lunch we had a big walk around Rome.  I was feeling tired but my feet kept on carrying me along and along.  We all had a gelato.  I had vanilla chocolate chip, Daniel had lemon, Jeremy had very rich chocolate, Daddy had choc mint and Mummy had yoghurt.  They were all very yummy but mine was the best. 

Fifteen minutes later we saw some floating men. I don’t know why but they were covered in orange. I think I know what the trick is – one person is holding a stick up his shoulder.

Wow - I loved my day in Rome and I wish it didn't have to end.

1 comment:

  1. Hey PP, Ben wants to know who the creepy guy in the (and I quote) gay white cravat is and why does he keep following you guys around ;)

    ReplyDelete